Login Problems?Login FAQ
What do I do if I have forgotten my IDEAS Advanced Search Viewer password or I am getting a message that I am locked out of my account?Call the Help Desk at 293.4444×1 and request that your “IDEAS Advanced Search Viewer (Discoverer) Password” be reset or your account unlocked. You will be asked to provide your IDEAS Advanced Search Viewer username. (Usually the username is of the form jsmith or jksmith.).
The help desk personnel will ask for your contact information and you will be contacted shortly by an IDEAS database administrator. They will give you a temporary password which you will use to login to Advanced Search Viewer and immediately be prompted to change.
What are the password rules?
- Passwords expire after being in use for 60 days.
- All passwords must be eight or more characters long and contain at least two non-alpha characters with no character being repeated more than three times.
- Passwords may not be repeated within ten cycles of password changes.
- A password must differ from a previous password by at least three characters.
Are there any other security issues of which I need to be aware?
- After three consecutive failures at logging in, your account will be locked.
- After an hour of inactivity, you will be forced to log into your account again.
What if I can’t login to any portion of IDEAS?
If you have been granted an IDEAS account, login with your WVU
MyID and Password. For help with your MyID please refer to http://oit.wvu.edu/masterid/