The goal of Treasury Operations is to implement and sustain a modern treasury function for WVU and WVU Research Corporation.
Treasury Operations is charged with monitoring and managing liquidity for operations, identifying opportunities and implementing investment strategies, implementing debt structure, and managing banking services and relationships for WVU and WVU Research Corporation.
- Performs forecasting, monitoring and managing of cash to ensure adequate resources
exist to meet the obligations while identifying opportunities to invest excess
cash and generate additional revenue from prudent, safe investing techniques.
- Determines and implements the appropriate debt structure for the university as
it relates to the Master Plan and other strategic initiatives which includes
managing the relationship with the bond rating agencies and managing the internal
- Performs critical finance functions related to investments, debt and cash. These
include, but are not limited to, accounting, reporting, and analysis to support
senior management decisions and internal and external reporting requirements.
- Manages all banking services and relationships to include banking contracts, acquiring
banking services, implementing controls, providing access to online banking,
providing guidance and training on implementation of new services, etc.
- Performs operational activities including treasury accounting, bank reconciliations,
“central owned” cash reconciliations, unclaimed property, etc.
- Liaison with external banks, State Treasurer’s Office, State Auditors Office, and Investment Managers.